At this time of year there are pumpkins aplenty and although you can’t really use the pumpkins that you’ve carved to make pumpkin soup – you can use their seeds to make a tasty snack – roasted salted pumpkin seeds. And as the kids are hopefully the ones scooping and carving the pumpkin – the rinsing and drying of the seeds is the only arduous task you have to do – and that should take you less than 5 minutes (ie 300 seconds!).
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Scoop all the seeds out of your pumpkin.
3. Put them in a sieve and rinse off all the pumpkin flesh.
4. Pat them dry with kitchen towel.
5. Spread the seeds out on a lined baking tray.
6. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt on top of them.
7. Place in the oven for 25 minutes – et voila!